The following guidelines are designed to help UTEP Academic Departments and Colleges request space and plan events. Before planning any event, it is highly recommended that organizers review UTEP’s Recovery Level as defined on the UTEP Return to Work Matrix.
Planning your event
In order to further minimize risk of exposure, approvers will consider the Recovery Level the University is operating at and the location requested to determine if an in person event is safe. Organizers should also plan for an online event or a hybrid whenever possible. No marketing or promotional material should be distributed until final approval is received.
The current City/County/State guidelines regarding social distancing and capacities should be taken into consideration when planning event.
All in-person event requests will be considered on a case-by case basis. Every request must be submitted with a safety plan.
Organizers should keep in mind that resources on campus such as tables, chairs, audio-visual equipment, etc. may be limited due to reduced staff working on campus.
Organizers are also encouraged to visit department websites to obtain the latest information on hosting events in certain venues.
Submitting your Event Request
Submit your request and safety plan via e-mail to the respective venue manager listed below.
Contacts for venues on campus:
- Outdoor space
- Nicole Aguilar
- Union Building or El Paso Natural Gas Conference Center (EPNGCC)
- Ofelia Dominguez
- Don Haskins Center, Magoffin Auditorium, Sun Bowl Stadium
- Jorge Vazquez
Note: All Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) must continue to submit all event requests via MineTracker. Click here for specific guidelines for RSOs.
Other recommendations and things to know:
- Event requests should be submitted with a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the event date(s).
- In order to further minimize risk of exposure, no tabling events will be approved until further notice.
- Room setups and capacities cannot be changed. If indoor space is requested and approved, all setups must be taken as is.
- If you need assistance with developing a safety plan, you are encouraged to contact the venue/building/space manager for guidance.