The following guidelines are designed to help UTEP Departments, Colleges, and Schools request space and plan events. Before planning any event, it is highly recommended that organizers review UTEP’s Return to Campus Guidelines which addresses face coverings and social distance requriements.
Planning your event
In order to further minimize risk of COVID-19 transmission, all in-person event requests for summer require a safety plan in order to for the event to be approved. Venue Managers are responsible for approving event safety plans and will consult with other departments when needed. Safety plans do not need to route through EH&S or the University Police Department unless merited.
Organizers are also encouraged to visit department websites to obtain the latest information on hosting events in certain venues.
Submitting your Event Request
Submit your request and safety plan via e-mail to the respective venue manager listed below.
Contacts for venues on campus:
- Outdoor space
- Nicole Aguilar
- Union Building or El Paso Natural Gas Conference Center (EPNGCC)
- Ofelia Dominguez
- Don Haskins Center, Magoffin Auditorium, Sun Bowl Stadium
- Jorge Vazquez
- Registrar's Office
Note: All Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) must continue to submit all event requests via MineTracker. Click here for specific guidelines for RSOs.
Other recommendations and things to know:
- Event requests should be submitted with a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the event date(s).
- In order to further minimize risk of exposure, no tabling events will be approved until further notice.
- Room setups and capacities cannot be changed. If indoor space is requested and approved, all setups must be taken as is.
- If you need assistance with developing a safety plan, you are encouraged to contact the venue/building/space manager for guidance.