Student Organization Event Guidelines
The following are guidelines designed to help you plan engagement opportunities for your registered student organization. The Student Engagement and Leadership Center is always available to help support you through this process. Whether you have questions, want to explore an idea for an event, or simply don’t know where to begin, the team at the SELC is prepared to help you.
Here are the many ways you can reach the Student Organization Services (SOS) team:
- Email us any time at email@example.com
- Visit us at the Student Engagement and Leadership Center, Union Bldg. West, Rm. 106
Remember that the SELC is here to be a resource for you. If you have questions on any part of this process feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish you all the very best this semester!
Planning your event
Before planning any event, it is highly recommended that organizers review the Resuming Campus Operations website. No marketing/promotional material of the event should be distributed until final approval is received.
It is highly encouraged you submit your event request a minimum of two weeks in advance of your event date to ensure there is enough time to go through the entire approval process.
General Event Planning Guidelines
- All events must be submitted in MineTracker
- Click here to watch a tutorial
- Event attendance is required to be reported in MineTracker within 48 hours after the event
- All in-person event request must include an attendee list with names and e-mails
Submitting your Event Request
When you’re ready to submit your event request, visit: https://minetracker.utep.edu/
- Login with your UTEP credentials using the Single Sign-On (SSO) feature
- Navigate to your organization's page
- Click on "Manage Organization"
- Click on the 3 lines in the top left corner to open your Action Center
- Click on "Events"
- Click the blue button that says "+ Create Event"
Tutorial: Submitting an Event Request in MineTracker
Helpful Videos from Past Workshops
MineTracker Event Requests