Student Organization Event Guidelines
The following are guidelines designed to help you plan engagement opportunities for your registered student organization. The Student Engagement and Leadership Center is always available to help support you through this process. Whether you have questions, want to explore an idea for an event, or simply don’t know where to begin, the team at the SELC is prepared to help you.
Here are the many ways you can reach the Student Organization Services (SOS) team:
- Email us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Stop in” for virtual office hours. No appointment is necessary, though you are welcome to reach out to us to schedule a meeting if these hours do not work for your schedule.
- ZOOM Meeting ID: 907 275 9737
- Password is UTEPRSO21
- Mondays- 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays – 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Fridays – 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- ZOOM Meeting ID: 907 275 9737
Remember that the SELC is here to be a resource for you. If you have questions on any part of this process or if you need assistance creating a safety plan, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
We wish you all the very best this semester!
Planning your event
Before planning any event, it is highly recommended that organizers review UTEP’s Recovery Level as defined on the Resuming Campus Operations website. In order to further minimize risk of exposure, event organizers should plan for an online or hybrid event wherever possible. No marketing/promotional material of the event should be distributed until final approval is received.
Event guidelines will continue to evolve and change according to the University Recovery Level, CDC Guidelines, and city/state/federal guidelines.
It is highly encouraged you submit your event request a minimum of two weeks in advance of your event date to ensure there is enough time to go through the entire approval process.
Any in-person event requests will be considered on a case-by case basis. Every request must be submitted with a safety plan.
General Event Planning Guidelines
- All student organization activities should be held in a virtual format wherever possible
- All events must be submitted in MineTracker whether they are virtual or requests for in-person events
- Click here to watch a tutorial
- Event attendance is required to be reported in MineTracker within 48 hours after the event
- All in-person event request must include an attendee list with names and e-mails
- Any in person event request must be submitted with a safety plan
- Availability for both indoor and outdoor spaces will vary depending on the current Campus Recovery Level the University is operating under.
- Any ceremonies, special recognitions or special events may be approved on a case-by-case basis
- All events must:
- Be in a venue that allows for proper social distancing
- Follow all CDC guidelines
- Follow all city/state/federal guidelines
The Director of the Student Engagement & Leadership Center will have final approval on all event requests and safety plans that are submitted.
Submitting your Event Request
When you’re ready to submit your event request, visit: https://minetracker.utep.edu/
- Login with your UTEP credentials using the Single Sign-On (SSO) feature
- Navigate to your organization's page
- Click on "Manage Organization"
- Click on the 3 lines in the top left corner to open your Action Center
- Click on "Events"
- Click the blue button that says "+ Create Event"
Be sure to have all of your event information ready to include your safety plan (if requesting an in person event). You will not be able to submit your request without a safety plan. If your event is online, you do not need to submit a safety plan.
Remember that the SELC is here to be a resource for you. If you have questions on any part of this process or if you need assistance creating your safety plan, feel free to contact us.
Tutorial: Submitting an Event Request in MineTracker
Helpful Videos from Past Workshops
MineTracker Event Requests