Student Organization Event Guidelines
The following are guidelines designed to help you plan engagement opportunities for your registered student organization. The Student Engagement and Leadership Center is always available to help support you through this process. Whether you have questions, want to explore an idea for an event, or simply don’t know where to begin, the team at the SELC is prepared to help you.
How to reach the Student Organization Support (SOS) team:
General Event Planning Guidelines
- Click here to watch a tutorial
- Once the event request is submitted, a notification will be sent to all the parties who need to review and provide feedback on your event.
- Look out for e-mail notifications from the MineTracker system regarding questions or updates on your request
It is highly encouraged you submit your event request a minimum of two weeks in advance of your event date to ensure there is enough time to go through the entire approval process. Smaller-scale tabling events and meeting requests only require a minimum of one week notice.
Submitting your Event Request
When you’re ready to submit your event request, visit: https://minetracker.utep.edu/
- Login with your UTEP credentials using the Single Sign-On (SSO) feature
- Navigate to your organization's page
- Click on "Manage Organization"
- Click on the 3 lines in the top left corner to open your Action Center
- Click on "Events"
- Click the blue button that says "+ Create Event"
Tutorial: Submitting an Event Request in MineTracker
What happens next?
How to access your event request after you have submitted one:
- Login to MineTracker
- Click on the circle in the top right to open your navigation pane
- Click on My Submissions
- You will see 4 different tabs (Forms, Elections, Organization Registrations, Events)
- Click on Events
- The next page will have all the event requests you have submitted
- Click on the event name that you are interested in checking-up on
- Review the Discussion Section at the bottom of the request to check for new comments or updates from space reviewers
Important: Make sure you check your event requests regularly to ensure a timely review and approval of your request.
If you have any questions or need support, please contact our team at SOS@utep.edu or 915-747-5670.
Helpful Video Tutorials
MineTracker Event Requests