Annual Requirements for RSOs
Registration and Re-registration
Student Organizations are required to officially register before the start of each academic year (prior to the fall semester). All organizations are also required to complete a re-registration (mostly an information review and update) for the spring semester.
Risk Management Training
As part of a Texas State Mandate, all student organizations must participate in risk management training each academic year. This mandatory training for 2020-2021 is now LIVE and available for officers/advisors to complete via Blackboard. A minimum of 3 officers and 1 advisor must complete this training on behalf of each student organization. Students may complete this training for a maximum of 2 organizations. Advisors can complete the training for any organizations they advise. Make sure to register and complete the training as soon as possible!
2020 - 2021 Important Notes:
- 3 officers and 1 advisor must complete this training in Blackboard
- You must register to be added to the Blackboard course
- Deadline to complete individual training: April 30, 2021
- Organization leaders must share this training material with their entire organization by May 15, 2021.
To access the Blackboard Course:
- Login to Blackboard from my.utep.edu
- If you are enrolled, the course will show up as "RSO Risk Management Training"
- If the course is not showing up for you please use the link above to register
- Once you are logged in, click on the RSO Risk Management Training
- Then click on the tab titled "Training Modules" on the left side bar
- You will see only 1 module at first (Module #1). There are 8 modules total.
- Make sure to take the "Completion Survey" to fully complete the course.
Registered Student Organization (RSO) Orientation is a mandatory program that takes place at the beginning of each semester. Orientation is utilized to educate student leaders on the various policies, processes, and best practices that impact all student organizations. This is an important course for any/all officers or rising leaders in each organization. Each organization is required to have a minimum of 3 officers or members complete the orientation modules via Blackboard.
In an effort to educate as many students as possible, each student is only able to complete the course on behalf of one organization.
Spring 2021: Orientation will be online via Blackboard! The course will consist of 10 learning modules and allow student leaders to complete training at their own time and pace!
Disclosure of Solicitation: Fundraising Financial Statement
Student organizations must report all monies that were fundraised each semester. For 2020 - 2021 we have one form to report the fundraised monies from fall 2020 and spring 2021.
Deadline to complete: May 31, 2021
Each registered student organization shall, within 30 days at the beginning of each long session semester, file with Student Activities a statement fully disclosing the sources and amounts of money obtained from solicitations during the preceding semester or summer session and fully disclosing the purposes and amounts of the expenditures made during the preceding semester or summer session. Any organization failing to comply with the provisions of this Subsection shall be prohibited from solicitation activities until the organization files the required report. (Rules and Regulations of The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System, Series 80103, Section 4)
End of Year Report
At the end of each academic year, the Student Engagement and Leadership Center compiles information from all student organizations on a variety of topics. This important information helps with planning for next year, increasing or adjusting resources offered, highlighting student organization accomplishments, and more. This form is completed via MineTracker.
Form opens: April 15, 2021
Due: May 31, 2021
Contact our team!
Need a little help? Here are the many ways you can reach the Student Organization Support (SOS) team:
- Email us any time at email@example.com
- “Stop in” for virtual office hours. No appointment is necessary, though you are welcome to reach out to us to schedule a meeting if these hours do not work for your schedule.
- ZOOM Meeting ID: 907 275 9737
- Password is UTEPRSO21
- Mondays- 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays – 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Fridays – 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- ZOOM Meeting ID: 907 275 9737
Remember that the SELC is here to be a resource for you. If you have questions on any of the requirements listed above, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.