Annual Requirements for RSOs
Below are all the annual requirements for student organizations. You can click on each link to take you directly to that section listed on this page:
Student Organizations are required to officially register before the start of each academic year (prior to the fall semester). This process is completed in MineTracker and through your organizations page within the system.
A updated constitution for each organization is required to be submitted along with your registration each year.
Registered Student Organization (RSO) Orientation is a mandatory program that takes place at the beginning of each semester. Orientation is utilized to educate student leaders on the various policies, processes, and best practices that impact all student organizations. This is an important course for any/all officers or rising leaders in each organization. Each organization is required to have a minimum of 3 officers or members complete the orientation modules via Blackboard.
In an effort to educate as many students as possible, each student is only able to complete the course on behalf of one organization.
Spring 2021: Orientation will be online via Blackboard! The course will consist of 10 learning modules and allow student leaders to complete training at their own time and pace!
Spring Information Update
Risk Management Training
As part of a Texas State Mandate, all student organizations must participate in risk management training each academic year. This mandatory training for 2020-2021 is now LIVE and available for officers/advisors to complete via Blackboard. A minimum of 3 officers and 1 advisor must complete this training on behalf of each student organization. Students may complete this training for a maximum of 2 organizations. Advisors can complete the training for any organizations they advise. Make sure to register and complete the training as soon as possible!
2020 - 2021 Important Notes:
- 3 officers and 1 advisor must complete this training in Blackboard
- You must register to be added to the Blackboard course
- Deadline to complete individual training: April 30, 2021
- Organization leaders must share this training material with their entire organization by May 15, 2021.
To access the Blackboard Course:
- Login to Blackboard from my.utep.edu
- If you are enrolled, the course will show up as "RSO Risk Management Training"
- If the course is not showing up for you please use the link above to register
- Once you are logged in, click on the RSO Risk Management Training
- Then click on the tab titled "Training Modules" on the left sidebar
- You will see only 1 module at first (Module #1). There are 8 modules total.
- Make sure to take the "Completion Survey" to fully complete the course.
Completing Part 2:
After your organization officers and advisor have completed the online training, Part 2 is for you to share the presentation with your members. This can be done either via e-mail to all members (with SOS@utep.edu) copied or you can present the slides at a general body meeting. This part must be completed by May 15, 2021.
Disclosure of Solicitation: Fundraising Financial Statement
Deadline to complete: May 31, 2021
Each registered student organization shall, within 30 days at the beginning of each long session semester, file with Student Activities a statement fully disclosing the sources and amounts of money obtained from solicitations during the preceding semester or summer session and fully disclosing the purposes and amounts of the expenditures made during the preceding semester or summer session. Any organization failing to comply with the provisions of this Subsection shall be prohibited from solicitation activities until the organization files the required report. (Rules and Regulations of The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System, Series 80103, Section 4)
End of Year Report
At the end of each academic year, the Student Engagement and Leadership Center compiles information from all student organizations on a variety of topics. This important information helps with planning for next year, increasing or adjusting resources offered, highlighting student organization accomplishments, and more. This form is completed via MineTracker.
Form opens: April 15, 2021
Priority Deadline: Friday, May 14, 2021
Final Deadline: Monday, May 31, 2021
Those who submit a completed report by May 14 will be entered into a random drawing to win a $200 prize for their RSO for fall 2021. Any RSO who does not submit will automatically be locked on June 1, 2021 and will accrue a $40 fee upon re-registration for fall 2021.
You can use the word document linked below as a worksheet to gather all your information in one place:
End of Year Report Worksheet
Ready to submit?
Overview of the End of Year Report
- Update your RSO's "About" page on MineTracker
- Verify/Update your officers and advisor(s) information on your roster
- Add new members
- Manage new officer positions
- Remove graduating members
- RSO name
- Type of Chapter (local, regional, statewide, national, international)
- Is the organization a registered 501(c)(3)?
- List of titles of awards/recognitions of RSO since April 2020
- Is your organization a new RSO?
- Please identify the school/college your RSO falls under. If none, please put N/A
- What categories does your organization fall into?
- How many new members did you add to your roster in fall 2020?
- How many new members did you add to your roster in spring 2021?
- Total members projected after spring 2021?
- What are the top 3 benefits of joining your organization?
- How often did the RSO conduct general meetings? Weekly, biweekly, etc.
- Total number of meetings held in the 2020-2021 school year?
- What percentage of those meetings were virtual?
- Where did the RSO typically meet?
- How many community service events did your RSO host/participate in 2020 - 2021?
- Total Number of SERVICE hours performed by the entire RSO in the 2020-2021 school year.
- This should be a total number of hours for ALL members of the organization from all community service activities. If it is not exact, please provide the best estimate.
- Total number of VIRTUAL events/programs in 2020-2021
- Total number of events/programs/workshops HOSTED by the organization (cumulative number of events listed above)
- What type of cost center and/or bank account does your organization have?
- On-Campus Cost Center (If applicable)
- Cost Center account number:
- What is your balance?
- Off-Campus Bank Account (If applicable)
- Which bank do you use?
- How long has your organization had your bank account?
- What are the benefits of an off-campus bank account?
- Is your advisor the same person that is currently listed as your advisor on your Mine Tracker profile?
- How often did you "virtually" see your advisor this year?
- How often did you communicate with your advisor this year?
- Does the advisor attend the meetings of the organization?
- Do you believe your advisor meets the needs of your organization?
- How did the pandemic impact your organization? What were some of the challenges your organization faced?
- Did your organization utilize any campus resources?
- What are 3 things that your organization is looking forward to in the fall semester back on campus?
- Does your RSO have social media?
- If yes, please include your accounts and handles
- Did your RSO host any social media campaigns during the 2020-2021 school year? If yes, how many and what for? Tell us!
- OPTIONAL: Showcase your organization! Gather some photos to share with us.
On the MineTracker form you will be able to upload up to (3) photos from this past year.
Contact our team!
Need a little help? Here are the many ways you can reach the Student Organization Support (SOS) team:
- Email us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Stop in” for virtual office hours. No appointment is necessary, though you are welcome to reach out to us to schedule a meeting if these hours do not work for your schedule.
- ZOOM Meeting ID: 907 275 9737
- Password is UTEPRSO21
- Mondays- 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays – 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Fridays – 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- ZOOM Meeting ID: 907 275 9737
Remember that the SELC is here to be a resource for you. If you have questions on any of the requirements listed above, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.