Annual Requirements for Student Organizations
Below are all the annual requirements for student organizations. You can click on each link to take you directly to that section listed on this page:
Organization Completion Spreadsheet - Coming Soon!
Student Organizations are required to officially register before the start of each academic year (prior to the fall semester). This process is completed in MineTracker and through your organization's page within the system.
An updated constitution for each organization is required to be submitted along with your registration each year.
Registered Student Organization (RSO) Orientation is a mandatory program that takes place at the beginning of each semester. Orientation is utilized to educate student leaders on the various policies, processes, and best practices that impact all student organizations. This is an important course for any/all officers or rising leaders in each organization. Each organization is required to have a minimum of 2 officers or members attend a session for the fall semester. RSO Orientation is optional for the spring semester but highly encouraged for all new officers and all student leaders (including rising leaders) as a refresher session. *Spring Orientation will be required for any organization that did not complete the mandatory attendance for the fall semester.*
In an effort to educate as many students as possible, each student is only able to represent a maximum of two organizations.
Fall 2022 Orientation Sessions: (Click the links below to RSVP)
- Dates will be announced in June 2022!
RSVP for a session to secure your spot! We offer 3 different sessions to accommodate various student schedules.
Spring Information Update
Before the beginning of the spring semester, all organizations are required to complete an information update. This includes reviewing the organization roster, updating officers (if needed), and verifying the organization description and contact info listed on the organization's about page.
To complete the information update, organization officers will use the "register this organization" button to update their information. However, a constitution upload and review is not required in spring. This process takes about 15 minutes to complete and submit.
Spring Deadline: Friday, March 4th no later than 5:00 PM
Risk Management Training
As part of a Texas State Mandate, all student organizations must participate in risk management training each academic year. This mandatory training for 2021 - 2022 is now available. A minimum of 3 officers and 1 advisor must complete this training on behalf of each student organization before the end of the fall semester. Students may complete this training for a maximum of 2 organizations. Advisors can complete the training for any organizations they advise. Make sure to complete the training as soon as possible!
Link to online Risk Management Training Module:
Link to upload your completion certificate:
2022 - 2023 Link Coming Soon!
- 3 officers and 1 advisor must complete this training in Blackboard
- You must register to be added to the Blackboard course
- Deadline to complete individual training (Part 1): December 1, 2021
- Organization leaders must share this training material with their entire organization by May 15, 2022.
Risk Management Completion Tracker - Coming soon for 2022 - 2023!
Completing Part 1:
- Each individual officer and advisor must complete the training individually. At the completion of the training, they will receive a PDF certificate. Please have each officer/advisor submit their PDF using the link below.
- Individual PDF Completion Certificate Submission: https://minetracker.utep.edu/submitter/form/start/511423
Completing Part 2:
- After your organization's officers and advisor have completed the online training, Part 2 is for you to share the presentation with your general membership. This should be done by presenting the slides at a general body meeting during the semester. This part must be completed before May 15, 2022.
- INCENTIVE: Any organization who completes both Part 1 and Part 2 by end of fall (December 10, 2021) will be entered into a prize drawing for some really cool prizes for your organization.
- Important links for completion:
- Click here to download a PDF of the PowerPoint information to share with your organization.
- Submit your presentation verification on MineTracker here.
Disclosure of Solicitation: Fundraising Financial Report
Student organizations must report all monies that were fundraised each semester. Reports must be submitted no later than 60 days after the semester for which the report is for. Please see report links to submit and deadlines below.
**Please note that if your organization did NOT fundraise money, you will still need to submit a form and answer "NO" to the question about fundraising. This helps ensure that we have a form on file for each organization every semester.
- Report Fall Fundraising by: January 31, 2022
- Report Spring Fundraising by: May 31, 2022
Full policy for this report:
Each registered student organization shall, within 30 days at the beginning of each long session semester, file with Student Activities a statement fully disclosing the sources and amounts of money obtained from solicitations during the preceding semester or summer session and fully disclosing the purposes and amounts of the expenditures made during the preceding semester or summer session. Any organization failing to comply with the provisions of this Subsection shall be prohibited from solicitation activities until the organization files the required report. (Rules and Regulations of The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System, Series 80103, Section 4)
End of Year Report
Congratulations on another great year, Miners! At the end of each academic year, our team collects important information and feedback from each student organization. We use this information so we can compile a full report and use your feedback to plan for the next academic year. Student leaders can use the End of Year Report worksheet below to begin collecting all of their data and prepare to submit the report before the end of May. Once you have your information use the MineTracker form link below to submit a report on behalf of your student organization!
Need help? Feel free to contact our team at SOS@utep.edu with any questions you may have!
Download the End of Year Report WORKSHEET
Ready with all your information?
Submit your Student Organization's End of Year Report here: https://minetracker.utep.edu/submitter/form/start/542034
Contact our team!
Need a little help? Here are the many ways you can reach the Student Organization Support (SOS) team:
- Email us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stop by office hours. No appointment is necessary, though you are welcome to reach out to us to schedule a meeting if these hours do not work for your schedule.
- Summer 2022 office hours will be announce on June 1, 2022.
Remember that the SELC and the Student Organization Support Team is here to be a resource for you. If you have questions regarding any of the requirements listed above, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.