Annual Requirements for RSOs
Below are all the annual requirements for student organizations. You can click on each link to take you directly to that section listed on this page:
Student Organizations are required to officially register before the start of each academic year (prior to the fall semester). This process is completed in MineTracker and through your organization's page within the system.
An updated constitution for each organization is required to be submitted along with your registration each year.
Registered Student Organization (RSO) Orientation is a mandatory program that takes place at the beginning of each semester. Orientation is utilized to educate student leaders on the various policies, processes, and best practices that impact all student organizations. This is an important course for any/all officers or rising leaders in each organization. Each organization is required to have a minimum of 2 officers or members attend a session for the fall semester. RSO Orientation is optional for the spring semester but highly encouraged for all new officers and all student leaders (including rising leaders) as a refresher session.
In an effort to educate as many students as possible, each student is only able to represent a maximum of two organizations.
Fall 2021 RSO Orientation Sessions: (Click the links below to RSVP)
- Thursday, August 19: 2pm - 5pm
- Friday, August 20: 9am - 12pm
- Friday, August 20: 2pm - 5pm
- Saturday, August 21: 9am - 12pm
RSVP for a session to secure your spot! We are offering 4 different sessions this fall to accommodate all student's individual schedules.
Spring Information Update
Before the beginning of the spring semester, all organizations are required to complete an information update. This includes reviewing the organization roster, updating officers (if needed), and verifying the organization description and contact info listed on the organization's about page.
To complete the information update, organization officers will use the "register this organization" button to update their information. However, a constitution upload and review is not required in spring. This process takes about 15 minutes to complete and submit.
Risk Management Training
As part of a Texas State Mandate, all student organizations must participate in risk management training each academic year. This mandatory training for 2021 - 2022 will go LIVE on September 1, 2021. A minimum of 3 officers and 1 advisor must complete this training on behalf of each student organization before the end of the fall semester. Students may complete this training for a maximum of 2 organizations. Advisors can complete the training for any organizations they advise. Make sure to complete the training as soon as possible!
Link to online Risk Management Training Module:
COMING SOON - September 1, 2021
- 3 officers and 1 advisor must complete this training in Blackboard
- You must register to be added to the Blackboard course
- Deadline to complete individual training: November 30, 2021
- Organization leaders must share this training material with their entire organization by December 15, 2021.
Completing Part 1:
- Each individual officer and advisor must complete the training individually. At the completion of the training, they will receive a PDF certificate. Please have each officer/advisor submit their PDF using the link below.
- Individual PDF Completion Certificate Submission: LINK COMING SOON - September 1, 2021
Completing Part 2:
After your organization's officers and advisor have completed the online training, Part 2 is for you to share the presentation with your members. This can be done either via e-mail to all members (with SOS@utep.edu) copied or you can present the slides at a general body meeting. This part must be completed by December 15, 2021.
Click here to download a PDF of the PowerPoint information to share with your organization.
Submit your verification on MineTracker here!
Disclosure of Solicitation: Fundraising Financial Statement
Student organizations must report all monies that were fundraised each semester. Reports must be submitted no later than 60 days after the semester for which the report is for. Please see links to submit and deadlines below.
FALL - Fundraising Financial Statement Form
SPRING - Fundraising Financial Statement FormDeadline to complete:
- Fall Fundraising Report: January 31, 2022
- Spring Fundraising Report: May 31, 2022
Full policy for this report:
Each registered student organization shall, within 30 days at the beginning of each long session semester, file with Student Activities a statement fully disclosing the sources and amounts of money obtained from solicitations during the preceding semester or summer session and fully disclosing the purposes and amounts of the expenditures made during the preceding semester or summer session. Any organization failing to comply with the provisions of this Subsection shall be prohibited from solicitation activities until the organization files the required report. (Rules and Regulations of The Board of Regents of The University of Texas System, Series 80103, Section 4)
End of Year Report
At the end of each academic year, the Student Engagement and Leadership Center compiles information from all student organizations on a variety of topics. This important information helps with planning for next year, increasing or adjusting resources offered, highlighting student organization accomplishments, and more. This form is completed via MineTracker.
Form opens: Friday, April 15, 2022
Priority Deadline: Friday, May 13, 2022
Final Deadline: Tuesday, May 31, 2022
Those who submit a completed report by May 13 will be entered into a random drawing to win a $200 prize for their RSO for fall 2022. Any RSO who does not submit will automatically be locked on June 1, 2022 and will accrue a $40 fee upon re-registration for fall 2022.
You can use the word document linked below as a worksheet to gather all your information in one place:
End of Year Report Worksheet
Ready to submit?
Click here to submit all your data into the End of Year Report on MineTracker
Overview of the End of Year Report
- Update your RSO's "About" page on MineTracker
- Verify/Update your officers and advisor(s) information on your roster
- Add new members
- Manage new officer positions
- Remove graduating members
- RSO name
- Type of Chapter (local, regional, statewide, national, international)
- Is the organization a registered 501(c)(3)?
- List of titles of awards/recognitions of RSO since April 2020
- Is your organization a new RSO?
- Please identify the school/college your RSO falls under. If none, please put N/A
- What categories does your organization fall into?
- How many new members did you add to your roster in fall 2020?
- How many new members did you add to your roster in spring 2021?
- Total members projected after spring 2021?
- What are the top 3 benefits of joining your organization?
- How often did the RSO conduct general meetings? Weekly, biweekly, etc.
- Total number of meetings held in the 2020-2021 school year?
- What percentage of those meetings were virtual?
- Where did the RSO typically meet?
- How many community service events did your RSO host/participate in 2020 - 2021?
- Total Number of SERVICE hours performed by the entire RSO in the 2020-2021 school year.
- This should be a total number of hours for ALL members of the organization from all community service activities. If it is not exact, please provide the best estimate.
- Total number of VIRTUAL events/programs in 2020-2021
- Total number of events/programs/workshops HOSTED by the organization (cumulative number of events listed above)
- What type of cost center and/or bank account does your organization have?
- On-Campus Cost Center (If applicable)
- Cost Center account number:
- What is your balance?
- Off-Campus Bank Account (If applicable)
- Which bank do you use?
- How long has your organization had your bank account?
- What are the benefits of an off-campus bank account?
- Is your advisor the same person that is currently listed as your advisor on your Mine Tracker profile?
- How often did you "virtually" see your advisor this year?
- How often did you communicate with your advisor this year?
- Does the advisor attend the meetings of the organization?
- Do you believe your advisor meets the needs of your organization?
- How did the pandemic impact your organization? What were some of the challenges your organization faced?
- Did your organization utilize any campus resources?
- What are 3 things that your organization is looking forward to in the fall semester back on campus?
- Does your RSO have social media?
- If yes, please include your accounts and handles
- Did your RSO host any social media campaigns during the 2020-2021 school year? If yes, how many and what for? Tell us!
- OPTIONAL: Showcase your organization! Gather some photos to share with us.
On the MineTracker form you will be able to upload up to (3) photos from this past year.
Contact our team!
Need a little help? Here are the many ways you can reach the Student Organization Support (SOS) team:
- Email us any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Stop in” for virtual office hours. No appointment is necessary, though you are welcome to reach out to us to schedule a meeting if these hours do not work for your schedule.
- ZOOM Meeting ID: 907 275 9737
- Password is UTEPRSO21
- Schedule coming soon
- ZOOM Meeting ID: 907 275 9737
Remember that the SELC is here to be a resource for you. If you have questions on any of the requirements listed above, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.