|Summer US Applicants
|Summer Mexican and Canadian Citizens
|Summer Other International
|Fall US Applicants
|Fall Mexican and Canadian Citizens
|Fall Other International
|Spring US Applicants
|Spring Mexican and Canadian Citizens
|Spring Other International
NOTE: Most prospective students will be required to apply for summer admissions to the program.
Applicants should submit the following to the Graduate School (Mike Loya Academic Services Building, Room 223, (915) 747-5491):
- Online Application for Admission into a Graduate Degree Program: Apply Online >>
- Application fee (payable through the online application)
- Official transcript from an accredited institution demonstrating completion of a four-year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent in the case of an international institution) and official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. Transcripts for degrees earned at UTEP are not required. Unofficial scores and transcripts can be uploaded in the online application. Official scores and transcripts must be received by the Graduate School prior to enrollment.
- Statement of Purpose, not to exceed one page, which may include a description of the applicant's professional experience, educational background, career goals and/or socio-economic background. You may upload this document when you complete your online application.
- GRE score. Unofficial scores and transcripts can be uploaded in the online application. Official scores and transcripts must be received by the Graduate School prior to enrollment.
- TOEFL score (for international students)
- International students must complete all additional steps listed on the International Student Checklist (PDF).
Applicants must submit all of the materials listed above to the online application before an admission decision can be made.
Admissions decisions are based on the demonstration of academic performance and potential as measured by undergraduate GPA, standardized test scores, and other factors. Admissions decisions may also reflect consideration of candidates’ socio-economic background, professional experience, and commitment to the program.
Fast Track Program Admissions
Applicants to the BBA Economics/MS Economics Fast Track program follow the same application procedure outlined above, with the exception that prior completion of a four-year Bachelor’s degree is not required for those applicants. In order to apply for admission to the Fast Track program, students are required to have a 3.3 cumulative grade point average and 90 credit hours of undergraduate coursework towards the BBA in Economics (at least 24 of which must be at UTEP). A complete online application and GRE scores are required to evaluate applicants for the Fast Track program. Apply Online >>
Dr. John Gibson
MS Economics Coordinator
Business Room 226