Online Bachelor of Arts in Organizational and Corporate Communication
120 credit hours | In-state tuition: $420/credit hour | Out-of-state tuition: $540/credit hour
- Convenient, 100% online degree
- Ideal for those interested in public, human or media relations
- Curriculum teaches organizational and corporate communication theory and practice, research methods and case studies
Prepare for an Exciting PR Career
This is an excellent degree for those who are seeking entry into the world of media relations or public relations, though graduates of our online corporate communication degree program are not restricted to these fields alone. Most organizations in both public and private sectors require communication at all levels, and graduates of this program will find themselves equipped with excellent oral and written communication skills that can help them succeed in any position. Types of work might include:
- Creating corporate communication materials, such as annual reports, product brochures and other branded pieces
- Working in internal communication to share news about employee benefits, organizational changes and other internal subject matter
- Developing online content for company websites, including intranet sites, client portals and general information pages
- Supporting public relations efforts by controlling the company’s message as shared by media outlets of all kinds
- Preparing scripts and speeches for organizational leaders to use at news conferences, trade shows, investor meetings and other high-profile communication venues
Upon graduation, you will have the foundational knowledge and practical skills needed to pursue a variety of career paths. Types of positions available to graduates include:
- Advertising, promotions and marketing managers
- Meeting, convention and event planners
- Public relations and fundraising managers
- Public relations specialists
- Technical writers
The UTEP Career Center can provide graduates of the online degree in corporate communication program with resources to help them pursue their career goals.
Our student success initiative, the UTEP Edge, develops upon students’ assets through a variety of high-impact experiences. These experiences are designed to improve student skills and give UTEP students a competitive advantage as they move forward in their lives and careers. Our goal as a campus is to provide these UTEP Edge experiences to all students, regardless of their area of study, so they will graduate with a competitive advantage over their peers. These are the Edge experiences Organizational and Corporate Communication students will have and the Edge skills they will graduate with:
- Creative Activities
- Research and Scholarly Activities
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
"As a Content Marketing Coordinator for CCA Global Partners, my degree helps me assist small business owners increase potential sales leads, teach local flooring store owners across the country about the basic principles of SEO, and update national and Canadian webpages to increase web traffic for the Carpet One Floor & Home and Flooring America brands." - Meagan Shank, GraduateMEET MORE STUDENTS
The online corporate communication degree program offered through UTEP Connect is a contemporary blend of the humanistic and applied directions of the field and students will also gain exposure to multicultural aspects of communication. Our faculty includes a number of experts who are well versed in the art of effective organizational and corporate communication and are focused on teaching students effective communication in mediated, societal, organizational and interpersonal contexts.
Students in our program take a full complement of required courses in English, mathematics, literature, social science, science, the arts, history, economics and other core subjects that provide a broad general education foundation. Click here to see the core curriculum.
Additional study will include:
MEET ELI GARCIA, the lecturer who used to work in the corporate sector and is most rewarded when he sees his students graduate.