Online Master of Public Administration With a Concentration in Public Policy and Management
36 credit hours | In-state tuition: $480.90/credit hour | Out-of-state tuition: $590.53/credit hour
- Established program accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA)
- Available in an easily accessible 100% online format suitable for working professionals, military personnel and career changers/enhancers
- Equips current and future leaders with analytical and management skills for service-minded professionals working in governmental and nonprofit organizations
Be a Public Leader
The MPA is well-suited to those with professional experience in the public or nonprofit sectors, and/or a strong desire to lead programs that serve the public. In recent years, there has been increased pressure to measure results of public and nonprofit programs and to develop alternate funding streams for local government projects. You will develop in employable skills, such as program evaluation and techniques to advance data-driven decision-making, skills in fundraising and fund development for nonprofit professionals, and how to create public-private partnerships to leverage private revenues for public projects. Students in the MPA will acquire current and field-tested skills to lead the governmental and nonprofit challenges of the 21st century.
Students come from all backgrounds including literature, history, political science, communication, criminal justice, business and other liberal arts; some even have science and education backgrounds. The program equips graduates with the skills needed to
- Manage a diverse workforce
- Measure results/evaluate programs
- Fundraise (nonprofits) and handle alternate public sector funding (public private partnerships & alternative delivery vehicles)
- Engage and represent the needs of diverse communities
- Develop skills related to data analysis, program evaluation, budgeting, public service, leadership and data-driven decision-making
Many of these skills translate to a wide variety of careers.
Job Opportunities in Multiple Sectors
The MPA has close connections with the community of El Paso, and local students will benefit from these relationships. As part of the program, you will also have the opportunity to elect to do an internship for credit. It also has a unique partnership with the United States Army Sergeants Major Academy (USASMA) to provide military-affiliated students with an opportunity to obtain their MPA.
The 36-credit hour program is NASPAA-accredited.