The leadership trainings focuses on providing students and staff informative resources through leadership activities and presentations. These resources touch on different topics ranging from leadership styles to leadership qualities. Our office offers a variety of leadership training packages to meet your group needs.
UPDATE 5/8Due to COVID-19, all trainings will be offered online until further notice. Please see below for our new training offerings.
The following is a list of trainings offered through the Leadership Program efforts of the Student Engagement and Leadership Center. While the possible selections are flexible, the Center withholds the right to determine which activities may or may not be suitable for your group.
· "Leadership Styles"- This presentation focuses on a selected few of different leadership styles, such as Authoritarian, Participative, Delegative, Transactional, and Transformational Leadership. Participants can expect an in-depth overview of each leadership style and resources to improve one's leadership tactics.
· "Leadership Qualities" - This presentation focuses on the top 10 values commonly recognized in leaders and how helpful they are in your everyday tasks such as Emotional intelligence, Teamwork, Influence, etc. Participants will learn and engage in discussions surrounding these qualities and participate in related activities to better understand these qualities.
· "Survivor"- In this activity, participants will need to apply their: critical-thinking, creative, problem-solving, and strategic skills to reach their shared goal of survival. (Est. time: 15-20 min.)
· "Solve the Riddle"- This mind-boggling activity will push members off the edge of their seats to solve these somewhat tricky riddles. Through this activity, participants will be encouraged to think outside of the box and be innovative. (Est. time: 25-30 min.)
· "Leadership Jeopardy"- This popular leadership activity is excellent for participants to learn more about the subjects of Utep, Common Knowledge, Leadership/Leadership Styles, Classic Movies/Tv Shows, and Quotes by famous leaders. Participants will also practice their effective communication skills with the team and strengthen their critical thinking skills. (Est. time: 35-50 min.)
· "Leadership Bingo"- This activity is a great way to stimulate friendly competition amongst team members by challenging their strategic skills. This popular leadership activity touches on the subjects of Utep, Edge Advantages, Leadership Tactics, and Leadership Styles. (Est. time: Full Card – 20-25 min.; Row, Column, or Across – 10-15 min.)
· "Follow My Lead"- In this activity, participants will enhance their communication & listening skills. An assigned speaker will need to describe an image to the participants. The participants must then illustrate the image that the speaker is trying to convey. (Est. time: Each Round – 5 min. for team members to guess illustration; Total – 30-45 min.)
· "Leadership Trivia" - This version of Trivia will consist of categories, such as UTEP, Leadership Tactics, and El Paso. This activity is an excellent way for team members to participate in a little friendly competition and engage with one another remotely to exercise their communication and leadership skills. (Est. time: 20-25 min.)
· "Story Line" - This activity allows participants to work as teams to build trust. This activity pushes members to use their: critical, creative, problem-solving, and strategic skills to reach their common goal and create a successful story. (Est. time 10-15 mins.)
· "Big Lottery Win" - This activity is a great way to stimulate all participants' creativity. It will push them to think outside the box and decide what to do if they win 25 million dollars. This activity will also consist of the participants engaging with one another to discuss their ideas. ( Est. time: 10-15 mins)
· "Two Truths and a Lie" - This activity is a classic get-to-know-you icebreaker. This activity focuses on group development as the participants will have to communicate and learn more about each other. (Est. time: 10-15 mins.)