Getting Reimbursed International Travel
- International Travel Reimbursements
- International Reimbursable Travel Expenses
- International Non-Reimbursable Travel Expenses
International Travel Reimbursements
Upon return from your travel, please submit the following original receipts to your department travel planner as soon as possible:
- Airline receipts and itinerary
- Rental Car receipts
- Gasoline receipts
- Bus, Taxi, Train receipts
- Lodging receipts
- Registration receipts (if paid by the traveler)
Meals are reimbursed based on the established per diem. Meals and lodging are not reimbursed without an overnight stay. Beginning 5/5/2014, the University will reimburse 75% of the total meal rate regardless of the departure or arrival time for the first and last day of travel.
Your department travel planner should create the appropriate travel reimbursement document in PeopleSoft for your review and certification. An electronic document will be routed to Accounts Payable for approval. The supporting documents should be sent to the Accounts Payable Travel section for review. Corrections and/or adjustments to your travel may delay final approval.
International Reimbursable Travel Expenses
The following are examples of the most common "reimbursable" travel expenses:
- Lodging receipts (including certain taxes)
- Rental car receipts (including gas)
- Registration receipts (paid by the traveler)
- Parking receipts
- Taxi receipts
- Meal and specified incidentals reimbursement is based on the U.S. Department of State per diem tables. Specific incidentals included in per diem (not reimbursed as individual expenses):
- Telephone calls
- Internet connections
- Travelers check charges
- Fee to exchange U.S. currency for foreign or vice versa
- Money Orders
Please note: Meal and lodging expenses will not be reimbursed without an overnight stay.
International Non-Reimbursible Travel Expenses
The following are examples of the most common "non-reimbursable" travel expenses:
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Expenses not related to official state business
Please note: Other business supplies or merchandise purchased should not be included in your travel reimbursement. These may be submitted as a separate item for reimbursement.
Visit http://www.myoncallportal.com and enter UT Group ID 100143CPPD21 to learn more about the services and benefits avaiable to you, gain access to pre-trip resources, and access the Global Risk Intelligence site for country specific health, safety and cultural information and advice..
If you have additional questions after reviewing the On Call International website, please contact Travel Services at (915) 747-5163.