Planning Your Trip
We have created a "Domestic Travel Process Map", in which we have gathered the most important steps and resources that you will need when planning a trip and getting reimbursed.
The department's travel planner must submit a request for travel authorization in PeopleSoft. The following information is required:
- Department Head Approval
- Name of Traveler
- Dates of Travel
- Purpose of Travel
- Estimated Costs
- Cost Center or Project Information
Note: Appropriate arrangements for disposition of duties must be made in advance of travel if classes are to be missed. A qualified member of the instructional staff shall be identified to be approved by the department chair as a substitute instructor.
A travel advance may be requested by contacting your department travel planner. Requests must be submitted to email@example.com at least ten (10) days prior to the anticipated trip. The state of Texas allows a travel advance for up to 90% of the per diem for meals and lodging. State approved meal and lodging per diems are available on the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) website.
All travel advance requests must:
- Have an "Approved" travel authorization
- A signed "Authorization to Deduct Travel Advance from Payroll Checks" form
The following options are available for paying your registration for seminars or conferences:
- Pro-Card payment that does not exceed daily limit
- Pre-payment via Miner Mall PO or Non-PO voucher through PeopleSoft
- Employee pays and submits reimbursement upon completion of travel