State guidelines require travelers to use State Contracted hotels. The UT System Contracted Travel Agencies must be used when traveling internationally, including Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
When reserving hotel accomodations, a personal credit card will be required. The traveler is responsible for paying hotel expenses and business-related paid receipts must be submitted to the department for reimbursement.
The following options are available for making hotel reservations:
1. Recommended Option: Contact Anthony Travel
Toll Free: 844-260-4880 (Available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mountain Time)
Local: 915-263-8810 (Available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mountain Time)
Toll Free After Hours Emergency: 800-342-9008, code 4RRG
1900 North Oregon
2. Contact the hotel(s) directly.
3. Use Concur
Exceptions for not using state contracted hotels:
- No state contracted hotel available for that city
- No available rooms at state contracted hotels
- Staying at hotel where seminar/conference is being held
- A Texas State Tax Exemption Certificate must be presented at all Texas hotels. Travelers will not be reimbursed for Texas state occupancy taxes.
- If lodging exceeds per diem rates, local funds can be used for overage reimbursement