Business-related air travel must be arranged through Anthony Travel, UT System's Contracted Travel Agency. Either the traveler or the department travel planner can reserve a flight.
Toll Free: 844-260-4880 (Available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mountain Time)
Local: 915-263-8810 (Available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mountain Time)
Toll Free After Hours Emergency: 800-342-9008, code 4RRG
1900 North Oregon
- The University and Anthony Travel require a Travel Authorization (TA) Number and Cost Center/Project ID.
- Airfare expenses will be paid by the University and allocated to the departments the following month.
Travelers or department travel planners also have the option to use Concur, Anthony Travel's online booking tool, for domestic travel.
The following options cannot be used when booking business-related travel:
- Internet travel websites (i.e., Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, etc.)
- Direct airline purchase with the air carrier
- The University no longer supports the SWABIZ online booking tool
Any purchases made outside Anthony Travel or using the disallowed options will not be reimbursed.
Exceptions for not using the UT System Contracted Travel Agencies:
- When travel is paid by an outside entity (not funded by the University)
- Extreme weather conditions
- Study Abroad not funded by the University
Note: First class or business class airfare may be purchased only if it was the only available or a lower airfare was not available. Anthony Travel will require approval from the UTEP Travel Office prior to issuance of the airfare.
If the state employee requires flying Business/First Class due to a medical necessity, the supporting documentation must state the first/business class airfare was medically necessary for the state employee. The supporting documentation for the expense/reimbursement must include the University’s ADA coordinator’s written documentation that the law or regulation requires the reimbursement.