Responsible University Employee Steps
Responsible University Employee Steps:
In order to be added to the system properly, first-time users must set up a meeting with the Student Travel Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before following the steps below.
- Navigate to minerstravel.utep.edu and click the orange rectangle labeled “UTEP Travelers” and enter your single sign-on credentials.
- Click “Add New Trip” located on top left corner to start the process
- Toggle the “Group trip” option in the upper right corner of the popup box to ON (switch will appear green). Please note, this feature has to be turned on in order for the correct forms to deploy.
- In the same “Create New Trip” box, enter trip title, description, reason(s) for travel, destination, mode of transportation, and travel dates. IMPORTANT: Student Organizations must select "Student Organization" option under "Reason for Travel" and must include the organization's name under "Trip Name". Click "Done" or "Add Details" when finished..
- A new popup box will appear labeled “Team Members.” Click “Add Group Now” to enter student information. All students will need to be added using their @miners email address. When you start typing a student’s email address, the system will automatically begin searching for the student’s information. Select the correct student from the search results to include them in your roster. Click “Done” when you have added all travelers.
- Students will receive an automatic email from Travel Registry informing them that a trip has been created and that they need to follow the instructions to enter their information.
- The system will prompt you to add additional itinerary details. This screen is for any travel by the Responsible University Employee if going with the student(s). Click “Next.”
- In the “Forms” section, fill out all required documents. Click “Next.”
- In the “Essential Content” section, fill out all sections, including uploading required documentation. Click “Save and Finish.”
- A box will popup; select “apply all responses.”
- At this point in the process, you need to confirm that ALL students have completed their items/paperwork in the system in order to move forward to the approvals stage.
- When ready, return to the trip and click the “Submit” button to initiate the approval sequence. Please ensure that chain of approval is aware that your trip has been submitted to Student Travel and is awaiting their approval. They will receive email notification when it is their turn to approve.
- Trip (with all required approvals) must be submitted in the system for Student Travel Review a minimum of 3 days before departure. Earlier submissions are highly encouraged due to the volume of requests.