Skov Essay Competition on Business Ethics 2019 - 2020
1. The essay must be an original work of 800 words or less that addresses the stated topic: “Describe a story about a time when you or someone close to you displayed tolerance towards someone different. What did you learn from this experience?” Words in the title page, reference page, and footnotes are not included in the word count.
2. Any non-original material used in the essay (e.g., quotations or copyrighted work) must be properly identified using the APA style.
3. Only freshman high school students from listed schools are eligible to participate.
4. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
5. Any persons employed by the Skov Essay Competition on Business Ethics and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, children, and grandchildren, whether by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extensions, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
6. Failure to comply with the competition rules and guidelines will result in disqualification.
7. The Center for Multicultural Management and Ethics (CMME) reserves the right to modify the competition’s prize structure and/or withhold the offering of any prizes if essay submissions fail to comply with the competition’s rules and submission guidelines and/or fail to meet the quality standards sought by the CMME.
8. Disbursement of the award is conditional upon receiving all information requested from participants by the established deadlines. (All information submitted must be complete and free of mistakes.)
- Typewritten in English
- APA style
- must include a title page and reference page
- abstract is not required
- Times New Roman
- 12-point font
- 1-inch margins
- 800 words or less
What to Submit:
Contestants must submit documents in the specified formats:
- Essay (Word document)
- Proof of eligibility (PDF file)
- This can be a copy of the student’s high school ID or any other institutional document that can verify student’s eligibility.
- Skov Essay Competition Form (PDF file)
- Form must be legible and contain physical signatures.
Where and When to Submit:
- All submissions must be emailed to email@example.com with the subject “Skov Essay Submission”
- Submission window: November 1, 2019 – January 31, 2020