Skov Essay Competition on Business Ethics 2022
1. The essay must be an original work of 800 words or less that addresses the stated topic: “Discuss one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals formulated by the United Nations. Why is this goal important to you?” Words in the title page, reference page, and footnotes are not included in the word count.
2. Any non-original material used in the essay (e.g., quotations or copyrighted work) must be properly identified using the APA style.
3. Only undergraduate students are eligible to participate.
4. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
5. Any persons employed by the Skov Essay Competition on Business Ethics and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win.
6. Failure to comply with the competition rules and guidelines will result in disqualification.
7. The Center for Multicultural Management and Ethics (CMME) reserves the right to modify the competition’s prize structure and/or withhold the offering of any prizes if essay submissions fail to comply with the competition’s rules and submission guidelines and/or fail to meet the quality standards sought by the CMME.
8. Disbursement of the award is conditional upon receiving all information requested from participants by the established deadlines. (All information submitted must be complete and free of mistakes.)
- Typewritten in English
- APA style
- must include a title page and reference page
- abstract is not required
- Times New Roman
- 12-point font
- 1-inch margins
- 800 words or less
What to Submit:
Contestants must submit documents in the specified formats:
- Essay (Word document)
- Proof of eligibility (a PDF copy of the UTEP ID or any other institutional document that can verify student’s eligibility)
- Skov Essay Competition Form
- Form must be legible and contain physical signatures.
When to Submit:
- Submission window: February 15 to February 28, 2022