How to connect to the VPN using Mac OS
In order to connect to the UTEP VPN, your DUO two-factor authentication (2FA) must be properly configured. Please contact us at  if you need assistance.
Step 1.- Setting up the VPN
- Download the application.
- Download the DUO app in your cellphone and set it up.
- You may need to allow downloads in your computer. Click on "Allow" if promted.
- Double-click the pkg to install. On the next screen click Continue, and then again in the two following screens. Then, click on Instal
- If prompted, enter your username and password, then click on Install Software. On the next window, select Close.
Step 2.- Connecting to the VPN
- After the Application appears from the Task Bar at the top of your screen, go ahead and enter the portal address: myvpn.utep.edu
- Click on Connect. On the next screen, enter your UTEP credentials, then click on Sign In.
- Aprove the DUO Push notification on your phone.
- If GlobalProtect just spins when trying to connect:
- Open System Preferences
- Open the Security and Privary Preferences and then select General
- Click the lock icon on the bottom left of the window to make changes and modify
- When prompted, enter your Mac username and password and then Unlock the
- Click Allow next to the message System software from developer “Palo Alto Networks”
was blocked from loading
Step 3.- Disconecting from the VPN
- When you are done using the VPN,, click on the disconnect button.