Lab Usage Policies
- Under no circumstance the labs can be used outside hours of operation.
- Food or drinks are not allowed within labs.
- Do not re-start or shut-down any computers. If you’re having trouble with a computer please approach the service counter for assistance.
- Do not save files locally on computers. Use personal storage devices or web-based storage services to save information. CALC staff is not responsible for the loss of personal data on computers.
- Privileges to use lab computers may be revoked due to inappropriate use in accordance with the University’s Information Resources Use and Security Policy.
- Instructors may not use lab space to hold office hours.
- Computing labs are study areas and loud noise or disruptions will not be tolerated.
- Pets are not allowed unless the animal is designated as a service animal.
- Please clean your work area after use and take any trash with you.
- Department telephone is for business and emergency use only and may not be used for personal calls.
Lost and Found Policy
- The CALC Lab & College of Business are not responsible for any lost, misplaced, or damaged items left in computer labs, classrooms, or common areas.
- Any item turned into the CALC Lab service counter will be held for one month.
- CALC Lab staff will attempt to contact property owners if that information is available.
- A thorough description of lost item(s) must be provided when claiming said item(s).
- Unclaimed items such as IDs, keys, and mobile devices will be handed over to campus police or respective UTEP administrative office.