Lab Usage Policies
- Computer labs may not be used outside of posted hours of operation.
- Pets are not allowed unless the animal is designated as a service animal.
- Please be courteous and limit the noise when using lab study space.
- Please clean your work area after use and take any trash with you.
- Instructors may not use lab space to hold office hours.
- Food or drinks are not allowed within labs.
- Do not save files locally on computers. TaCC staff are not responsible for the loss of personal data on computers.
- Lab computers are not to be used to view content from streaming services (e.g. Netflix, Hulu, etc.).
- Department telephone is for business and emergency use only and may not be used for personal calls.
- If you’re having trouble with a computer please approach the TaCC service counter for assistance.
- Privileges to use lab computers may be revoked due to inappropriate use in accordance with the University’s Information Resources Use and Security Policy.
Lost and Found Policy
- The CALC Lab & College of Business are not responsible for any lost, misplaced, or damaged items left in computer labs, classrooms, or common areas.
- Any item turned into the CALC Lab service counter will be held for one month.
- CALC Lab staff will attempt to contact property owners if that information is available.
- A thorough description of the lost item(s) must be provided when claiming said item(s).
- Unclaimed items such as IDs, keys, and mobile devices will be handed over to campus police or respective UTEP administrative office.