ADP Human Capital Management (HCM) Academy
About The HCM Academy
The UTEP College of Business Administration (COBA) and ADP Human Capital Management (HCM) Academy offers students a broad and application-oriented view of HCM. It addresses the role that human resources
Characteristics of the HCM Academy
- The HCM Certificate Program
- Unique networking opportunities with HCM executives at ADP as well as other organizations
- Mentorship program
- Internship and job opportunities with HCM organizations, including ADP
- Offer state-of-the-art training on systems used by leading HCM companies in the world
- Improve the knowledge and skills of UTEP graduates in the HCM area
- Provide opportunities to network and engage with professionals in the field
- Enhance employment opportunities for ADP HCM Academy graduates
HCM Certificate Requirements
HCM Academy scholars must successfully complete the following certificate program course requirements, including two laboratory courses:
|HCM Certificate Requirements|
|MGMT 3311||Introduction to Human Resource Management (3 hours)|
Human Resource Management Lab (1.5 hours)
Must be taken concurrently with MGMT 3311
|MGMT 4337||Employee Compensation and Benefits (3 hours)|
Employee Compensation and Benefits Lab (1.5 hours)
Must be taken concurrently with MGMT 4337
|MGMT 4315||Staffing and Planning (3 hours)|
Who is Eligible?
All UTEP students, regardless of College or major, may apply to The ADP Human Capital Management (HCM) Academy at UTEP's College of Business Administration.
A 3.0 GPA is required to apply to the Academy.
Those who wish to apply to the ADP HCM Academy must declare the HCM Certificate at COBA’s Undergraduate Advising Office prior to submitting an application. HR majors belonging to catalog year fall 2018 and later will not declare the certificate as the HCM coursework is included in the degree.
Steps to Apply:1. Fill out Application Form
2. Submit the following to Suzanne Ramirez at email@example.com
- Statement of interest (1-page maximum)
- One letter of recommendation; must be from a UTEP faculty member