Dantes Subject Standardized Test
The DSST Program (formerly known as the Dantes Program) is a credit-by-examination testing service provided by The Chauncey Group International, Ltd™. This program gives the student an opportunity to receive credit for learning acquired outside the traditional college classroom.
The Student Assessment & Testing Office does not determine or advise which test is needed for credit in a particular course. For more information on DSST refer to the DSST subject and credit list.
Please refer to your academic advisor for proper Credit by Examination opportunities. Inform yourself on the policies in regards to Credit by Examination on the UTEP Undergraduate Catalog. The Office of Undergraduate Admissions will provide the credit evaluation. Visit here for credit evaluation.
Candidates for the DSST can test in only one subject per test date due to time contraints.
Please make sure that you check with your academic advisor before taking this test as the test fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.For more information on the DSST (DANTES) Program, visit http://www.getcollegecredit.com/
Payment and Registration
There are two fees associate with DSST: the test administration fee ($20) and the DSST exam fee ($85). These fees are processed through separate transactions. DSST exams are free for military personnel.
Click HERE to pay the $20 test administration fee and register for a test session. THE TEST FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE.
Note: A non-refundable convenience fee of $3.50 will be applied for online payments.
To avoid the convenience fee, you may register in-person at the Testing Office. Payment
may be made in the Testing Office using exact cash ONLY.
IMPORTANT: On the day of the exam, you will be required to pay the **$85 DSST fee increase to $100. This fee must be paid with a VISA, MasterCard, or American Express credit card.
Day of the Test
- The office is located in the Academic Advising Center Building, Room 127. Candidates are asked to arrive 15 minutes early for check-in. If you arrive late, you may not be allowed to take the test.
- Prior to the test administration, all test takers must present current and valid picture identification such as a driver’s license, passport, or picture student identification.
- DANTES funded eligible military test takers must provide a valid Common Access Card (CAC). Only test takers should be permitted into the testing room. Unauthorized visitors are not permitted in the testing room at any time.
- TEST FEE:
- You will be required to pay the $85 DSST on the day of the test. The fee must be paid with a credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or American Express).
• Preparation Resources: https://getcollegecredit.com/testprep
• Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call the Program Operations Manager toll free at 866-794-3497.
• The tests, score requirements, and testing policies have been approved by the academic colleges and departments teaching the respective courses. Click here to view credit link
All test takers are eligible to retest after a 90 day wait period. NOTE: For eligible military students, DANTES only funds the first attempt to pass an exam; any subsequent attempts to pass a failed exam will be the test-takers responsibility. (test take bulletin: https://www.getcollegecredit.com/assets/pdf/Test-Taker-Bulletin_07.25.2018.pdf)
DSST from home
Interested in doing the DSST REMOTELY visit: https://www.prometric.com/test-takers/search/dantes?utm_campaign=DSST&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=122225815&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-9CmDGOFqkgJ5sGhA4zTrOFfQrDoe_M0-NugrdBWSzi4a_nKBC53ykqGpOCxbeQkMjJ4ecPwVmR_s5Kw4_TFJRr2RvrZA&utm_content=122225815&utm_source=hs_email
FOOD, DRINKS, HATS, MECHANICAL PENCILS, ALL TYPES OF ELECTRONIC DEVICES, ALL TYPES OF WATCHES, AND CONCEALED HANDGUNS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE TEST ROOM!
UTEP Codes: ACT: 4223; AP, CLEP, SAT, TOEFL: 6829; THEA: 357; DSST: 8021