TSI or ESL Online
UTEP offers the opportunity to take the TSI or ESL test online for students who are planning in enrolling at UTEP only. You can take the test from anywhere as long as your computer meets the requirements. Note: The online TSI or ESL is not available to take at UTEP.
The Remote TSI or ESL Assessment option is only available to UTEP students who fall into either of the following categories:
1. If you currently live outside of El Paso County and are planning to attend UTEP in person or
2. You will be attending UTEP as an online student through UTEP Connect or other UTEP online program.
If you live within El Paso County and need to complete your TSI or ESL Assessment please contact the Student Assessment and Testing office at 747-5009 to set up an appointment to complete your assessment at our testing office.
The easy steps below provide you with the information necessary to schedule and take your live online proctored exam.
1. Complete the Pre-Assessment Module (PAM) at mystatus.utep.edu.
*Important: Do Not Use Internet Explorer to take the PAM
- Once you completed the PAM send an email to Andrew MacDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org, stating you completed the PAM.
- Pay the TSI $25 test fee online with a credit card at http://testingpayment.utep.edu. Upon completion of payment, you will receive an email receipt. Please forward payment receipt to Andrew MacDonald at email@example.com to issue you a testing voucher. or Accuplacer ESL $20 for undergraduates or $30 for graduate students
- Please review the NEW!! Testing Procedures HERE and make sure your computer meets the specification requirements.
IMPORTANT: There is a separate $25 dollar fee to complete the Virtual TSI Assessment which will need to be paid with a credit card at the time of the online scheduling process.
Should you have any further questions about online testing procedures, please use the Examity Contact Support option at https://examity.com/accuplacer-contact/ for more information.
Any additional questions in regards to UTEP’s process please contact Andrew McDonald at 915-747-6633.
Once you have completed your virtual TSI Assessment administration your scores will be uploaded into the UTEP data within 24 hours of completing your assessment.
UTEP Codes: ACT: 4223; AP, CLEP, SAT, TOEFL: 6829; THEA: 357; DSST: 8021