At this time, we are not receiving applications for Fall 2021 admission.
To be considered for admission to the program, applicants must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited university. A background in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or Statistics is helpful, but not required for admission into the program. A master's degree in business or a related field is preferred. Students entering the program without a master’s degree and/or a business background may be required to take up to eight “leveling" graduate courses in addition to the Ph.D. coursework. Students without a working knowledge of elementary calculus and statistics may also be required to take extra coursework.
Before submitting their application, applicants must select the area of concentration in which they would like to pursue their
- Concentration in Finance: Dr. Zuobao Wei - email@example.com
- Concentration in Management: Dr. Prajya Vidyarthi - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Concentration in Marketing: Dr. Edward Ramirez - email@example.com
- Concentration in Information Systems: Dr. Kallol Bagchi - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Concentration in Accounting: Dr. Giorgio Gotti - email@example.com
All applicants must submit the following materials through our online application system. It's easy and designed to get your application processed through our systems as quickly as possible. Required as part of the application are:
- The Graduate Degree Program Application
- Non-refundable application processing fee noted below and effective as of September 1, 2008
- $45 for U.S. Citizens/Permanent Residents/Mexican Nationals
- $80 for International Applicants
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework completed. Unofficial transcripts may be accepted with the
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores. Although GMAT scores are preferred, Graduate Records Examination (GRE) scores will be accepted in some cases. Test scores may not be more than five years old.
- At least two letters of recommendation from academic or professional sources familiar with the applicant's background. Persons writing recommendation letters should sign their name across the sealed portion on the back of the envelope and mail directly to the Graduate School at UTEP:
UTEP Graduate School
The University of Texas at El Paso
Mike Loya Academic Services Bldg., Room 223
500 West University Ave.
El Paso, TX 79968-0566
Alternatively, the online application system allows you to "register" your recommenders so that they can submit their recommendation letters online. Please see the application link for this process.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- A personal statement of academic interests and goals related to the concentration you would like to pursue.
- International students must also submit acceptable scores on the Test of English as
ForeignLanguage (TOEFL) or IELTS. Test scores may not be more than two years old.
- International students must complete all additional steps listed on the International Student Checklist (PDF).
In addition, a personal or telephone interview may be required.
Subject to availability of funds and academic performance, admitted students are provided research and teaching assistantships for up to four years. Additionally, the program awards fellowships on a competitive basis for incoming doctoral students. The fellowship will cover the cost of tuition. Access to funding is very competitive and is provided to those students who demonstrate the highest probability of success as an academic. No additional application is required. Assistantships include health insurance. Other benefits are also available to graduate students. For more information, please visit the Human Resources website or call (915) 747-5202.
Dr. Richard Posthuma
Director Ph.D. Program
Phone: (915) 747-8646
Manager Ph.D. Program
Business Room 101G
Phone: (915) 747-5496