UTEP Connect offers 100% online student services to assist in the success of the student in the classroom.
If you are working from home or from your favorite coffee shop, you can still easily access the digital research you need to complete your project. The UTEP Library offers many resources as well as assistance by email, chat or phone.
For your convenience, we have gathered all the resources specific to online students in one place. Visit the Library’s page for Distance Users to get started. You can use the various links to learn how to locate and use library resources like journal articles and ebooks from any computer. Our library staff is also available to assist you with special requests or any questions you may have about available services.
Email: email@example.com Chat via text: 915-249-3383 (during reference hours) | Call: 915-747-5643 or 915-747-5638
If you find yourself in need of assistance with a writing project, we can help you. UTEP Connect students have access to free online tutoring by appointment. The University Writing Center can help with any writing project, large or small, for your classes. When you make an appointment with a tutor at the UWC, you’ll have an hour to ask questions and review your writing project. Online consultations are available Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. by appointment only.
We want your learning experience to be smooth which is why we provide technology assistance when you need it.
The UTEP Help Desk website provides a number of resources for your UTEP account, email, Blackboard and more. For assistance, you can contact the UTEP Help Desk by email, chat or phone. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Chat: admin.utep.edu
Whether they are in-print or online, getting your textbooks is easy. Because UTEP Connect courses are in 7-week terms, you’ll want to order your textbooks as soon as you can. The UTEP Bookstore is happy to assist you with your textbook orders.
Once you register for your class, you can visit the UTEP Bookstore website to identify the books you need. The slides below will walk you through the process you need to follow to procure your textbooks.
You may order as a guest or create an eFollett account to save your information and make ordering quicker next term.
If you are in the UTEP area, you can pick up your books at the UTEP Bookstore with no shipping costs. If you are out of the area, you can have your books shipped to your home or business with shipping fees attached.
UTEP’s Center for Accommodations and Support Services (CASS) will assist any UTEP Connect student who requires a class accommodation.
- Accommodations should be requested two weeks before the beginning of the semester.
- Reasonable accommodations are provided only to students with known disabilities who are registered with the office of CASS, so please ensure any medical documentation that you have is current and within the last three (3) years of your enrollment date.
- Final determination of an appropriate and reasonable accommodation is made by the Director of CASS in collaboration with faculty, academic deans or chairs, when necessary. CASS does not mail faculty letters and it is YOUR responsibility to make a request every semester.
- If you have questions, or would like to set up an appointment, please call (915)747-5148 or email at email@example.com.
Priority registration for students with disability-related needs who have already registered with CAS: If you fall within this category, you may register for classes during the early registration period. To ensure timely assistance, you must submit all priority registration requests to a CASS staff member no later than the last week in September for Spring Semester registration, and by the first week in April for Summer and Fall Semester registration. If the recommended time period for submission of a priority registration cannot be met, you should contact CASS at firstname.lastname@example.org or (915)747-5148 for further guidance and assistance.
The CASS counselor will let you know what documentation is required, what accommodations will be available, and how to work best with your instructors. If you think you may be eligible for an accommodation, don’t delay. Let CASS help make your experience a positive one.
We know your goals don’t end with a degree, so the UTEP University Career Center provides resources via their website on topics such as crafting an effective résumé, interview preparation, researching employers and applying to federal opportunities. The website offers models of effective résumés and cover letters, videos on how to research an employer and information on how to disclose a disability to a prospective employer.
Access to one-on-one assistance (e.g. online résumé reviews or mock interviews) is only available to those paying student services fees.
Services available to online students who have NOT paid student services fees include:
- Access to the Career Center’s Planning Resources
- Sample documents via our website
- Career Fair(s) participation
- Guest access to Job Mine (limited view)
- Job sites and online career resources
- Career-related videos via our YouTube channel
Miner Learning Center
The Miner Learning Center offers tutoring in some core classes to online students enrolled in UTEP Connect degree programs. A list of classes for which support is available plus information on making an appointment with a tutor can be found on the Miner Learning Center’s website.
Student Responsibilities, Safety, and Rights
- Sexual Harassment issues: Equal Opportunity Office
- Academic Integrity/Student Conduct: Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution
- Campus Safety: UTEP Police Department
- Bystander Intervention Initiative: UTEP Green DOT
- Suicide Prevention: University Counseling Center
Available Courses and Faculty Profiles
You can check out the courses available for you to take for the upcoming semester and also learn more about the instructor teaching the course using the links below.