Due to the ongoing quarantine and campus closure, the Department of Creative Writing is now conducting ALL undergraduate advising via email, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Over the summer we will be monitoring the account Monday - Thursday. You should receive a response within 24-48 hours.
To help us advise you, please do the following:
- Write to: email@example.com
- Use the subject line “Advising Request"
- Include in your message your full name and UTEP ID#
- Include in your message your Creative Writing course requests for summer and/or fall 2020. (Include the course number, course name, and CRN for each course.)
- Include any additional questions you might have.
- We recommend that you look up your Degree Evaluation prior to contacting us. See the "How To..." section below for instructions.
Registration is now open to all undergraduate students. Please contact us today!
Please be aware: All Creative Writing majors must contact us for advising before you'll be able to register for classes for the next term. Once you've been advised, our Advising Team will remove your Creative Writing Major Advising Hold, which will allow you to register.
Additionally, all students (majors, minors, or otherwise) need CRW Department Approval for each Creative Writing class in which you wish to enroll.
For Creative Writing registration requests and general advising inquiries regarding Creative Writing: firstname.lastname@example.org
For advising issues, or for a graduation check (for students with 80+ hours): email@example.com
For change of major or minor: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about graduation: email@example.com
For the Creative Writing major or minor course requirements, go to the Creative Writing Undergraduate Curriculum page.
For UTEP's Academic Calendars, click here.
For UTEP Registration & Records, click here.
For questions regarding Financial Aid: firstname.lastname@example.org
Look up my Degree Evaluation
- Go to Goldmine
- Click "Student Records"
- Click "Degree Evaluation"
- Click the selector next to "Program," and then select the next academic term
- Click "Generate Request"
FInd Creative Writing (or other) Classes Being Offered for the Next Term
- Go to Goldmine
- Click "Registration"
- Click "Look Up Classes To Add"
- Select the term for which you are seeking classes
- For a Basic Search, select "CRW Creative Writing" and click the "Course Search" button at the bottom of the page. Skip to #7. (For an Advanced Search, go to #6 instead.)
- To search using additional parameters, such as Course Level (such as "undergraduate") or Attribute Type (such as "[BL] Humanities Block Elective"), etc., click the "Advanced Search" button. When the Advanced Search page opens, choose the parameters you want to use for your search, and click the "Class Search" button at the bottom of the page.
- You'll now see a list of classes being offered for the term you chose. Click on the "View Sections" button for any particular class to see the day and time for which it's scheduled, and to see maximum capacity (Cap), Actual enrollment (Act) and remaining seats (Rem).
- Please note: undergraduate courses are in the 1000-4000 range. 5000 level courses (and above) are for Masters or Doctoral students only.